Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This is a great blog...

Not this one, well, I mean, I'd like to think that this blog is a great blog, but I'm usually not so comfortable with shameless self promotion (except when I tell people to buy my book... I haven't written a book yet, but when I do, you should buy it).  Anyway, I'm actually referring to the blog "Bad Astronomy" over at DiscoverBlogs, which I have referenced here before, and am now directing you there again.  Go, now, as I let Phil Plait do more of my heavy lifting and deliver more comeuppance to the anti-vaccination nuts people (who apparently are also concerned about diet and GI diseases causing autism... for which there is also no evidence to support).
My favorite lines from the post:
 McCarthy confuses anecdotes with data. As I have said before, anecdotes are where you start an investigation, not where you finish one. That’s the difference between science (aka reality) and nonsense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment